Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Altered Art

Ceramic Tile Pendant

This pendant is made from a ceramic tile purchased from Home Depot in the flooring department. I attached a photo turn for the bail and put a piece of scrapbook paper on the back to cover up the glue and present a more finished appearance. The design is a stamp that I found on the internet. I had to stretch it to fit the tile but it still looks good. I attached the paper to the tile with Modge Podge. I also sealed the design with two layers of Modge Podge. It was a lot of fun to make and I plan on making more with the other 20 tiles that came in the package.

I am entering this altered tile into the "altered project" challenge on the Dutch Dare Challenge site.

There are also two "anything goes" challenges that I will be entering the tile pendant in:  Woodware USA Clear Stamps and Crafty Catz Weekly Challenge.

I always encourage you to look at the other clever creations that have been submitted by the design teams and other crafters.


3 comments:

Curly said...

Wow this is so very pretty pendent, fabulous design and a very romantic theme,

Thank you so much for joining us at Crafty Catz this week,

Good Luck with the challenge,
Hugs Bridget Crafty Catz DT :0)x

Diane said...

WOW this is fab Wendy !! You really are clever putting the image on the tile and making it fit !! Love the film "Gone With the Wind "....

Thanks for playing along with us at Woodware USA.

hugs Diane xx

Call Me Crafty Al said...

Love how you incorporated an item from a hardware store in your creation!! Thanks for playing along with us this week at Woodware USA.