Friday, February 10, 2012

Glorious Green Collage

Vintage Lady Collage Wall Hanging

I was inspired by the artwork and challenge on Simon Says Stamp and Show. Their challenge was to create a piece with torn edges, distress ink, buttons and wings. What an interesting combo.

My background paper is torn from a damaged book. I folded over the top of the page and stitched it down, leaving room to insert a large popsicle stick. I drilled some holes in the stick and attached some wire and beads for my hanger. It reminds me of a scroll.

My designs were from clipart books and catalogs. I used some distress ink, tore some pieces, bent some edges and left some pieces unglued to create texture and dimension to the piece.  I embellished the collage with some of my favorite embellishments. I used six chartreuse buttons, a green gem and a piece of lace-like yarn to bring this paper collage to life!

I'm so pleased with this wall hanging that I will be offering it in my Etsy store.

I am entering this wall hanging in the following challenges:

Simon Says Stamp and Show - torn edges, distress ink, buttons & wings 
Gingersnap Creations - glorious greens
Little Darlings - favorite embellishments
Paper Pretties - #192 texture
Scrapbook Sisters - #70 anything goes

Please check out all the beautiful design team work and submissions on these sites, you will be delighted!

3 comments:

Sarah said...

I love this - such great composition and eye-catching whimsical piece! She's great...Thanks so much for joining us at Simon Says Stamp & Show!
Sarah.

sara said...

great design love how you have used the old book page thanks so much for joining us at little darlings this week
hugs sara x x

Ali Manning said...

This is fabulous! Thanks for taking the Gingersnap Creations challenge :)